Does Anna University really care about QoS ?Posted: March 15, 2009
Kindly remember, Your Comments should not be in the way of HURTING (Comparison or any bad words) the Lecturers, Professors or College Management. This website is intend to give complete legal way of asking for justice or fighting for your Rights. Your comment may be deleted if found as such without intimation.
For long time education is converted into Business, which has Zero % Quality of Service. Its not at all wrong as a Customer (Student) of Anna University, to host a Debate here to collect all your Reviews. Its not 1999 or earlier, we are in the year 2009 where many people aware about internet. This is the right time to bring this Pathetic situation for a DEBATE ONLINE. I bought a 4 year course package from a college which is Affiliated by Anna University. It seems today’s best hassle free business is Constructing and Administering a College. Where many college administration have very less care about the Quality of Education in Tamilnadu.
This article is to get an answer for these questions:
1. Does Anna University really care about QoS in their Affiliated Colleges ?
2. Are they conducting frequent or 6 months once, an Auditing or Quality Assessments in the colleges which they gave affiliation(just the water, toilets and some basic needs that has to be there for the student who is paying atleast a lakh rupees per year) ?
3. Its all about Money ? Whoever builds a 3 floor building can get Anna University Affiliation ?
4. Why sudden Disaffiliation on colleges which they already Affiliated by their Policies and Conditions ?
5. Why there is not much updates in the syllabus (almost for the past 5 to 6 years) to meet the current trend and technology ?
6. Does colleges really conducting proper interview today to fill the lecturer requirements or just an interview ?, ofcourse anna university have the sole responsibility of setting up certain qualities (not just the B.E or M.E) that helps the student to see some changes after 3 or 4 years from the day they joined under AU Affiliation ?
7. Its a Business now… why students are not asking for the quality of the product ? or is that the marks that are stopping them to ask for their rights ? (If i bought a mobile from ABC Company then i normally look for the customer support and product quality. If they fail to provide the quality, then i will surely sue the concern organization. I hope every customer feel to do the same…) Will Consumer Court accept if i don’t get satisfaction in my Education Product ?
8. Education industry today (especially colleges) are Multi Crore Business Zone where within the Admission period itself college bank accounts filled with Crores of ruppees. (To the College Managements: Are you people ready to deny this statement ?, I must ask this as my father pay’s his Hard Earned Money.)
9. Even though the student spend 2 lakh ruppees and + per year the college is not even providing a water doctor facility in each floor of the building. ( Why is that so ? Shortage of Money ?)
10. No proper bills provided to the students in many colleges for the payments they make in between a semester. I get bills only for the AU Semester Exam Registration. Other than that its tough process to get the bills in hand.
11. Will Anna University interfere in Policies that are in place with the colleges affiliated to Anna University which of course affect the students (Different Formulas in each college for calculating the Internal Marks are ruining the student’s). Its not just mobile phone and jeans Banning. The university which cares much on Mobile and Jeans wear Banning should also look at the basic parameters that lets the buyer (student) of the course package to obtain the degree successfully ?
12. There is a counseling method in the colleges where student have the rights to convey their problems that have with the subjects and academic related stuffs. However if a student complained about a staff then its viewed seriously and the power of concern staff shown in the Internal Marks of the student (Which is more than a Politician.. 😦 ) So called rights to speak .. is this the real counseling ? The student really dont know the Escalation Matrix whenever a problem he found in the teaching system of the college.. It will be really effective if AU or concern college Management take care of guiding such complaining procedures..
13. Being strict will never help the students to attain the knowledge between it increases the STRESS and DEPRESSION level in a student mind which affects his health too. Students are not superiors to you (lecturers). Just think for a minute then you will realize that you are shouting and ordering the one who is totally defenseless and vulnerable to the real world life scenario.
14. Parents look at the Percentage of Company recruitment’s in the Brochure to pick the best college to admission their sons/daughters. Listing the BPO Job recruitment’s in the placements list should be Banned. The student who study B.E Professional Course after attending several levels of fixed interview patterns (like Aptitude Test, Technical Assessments, HR and few other) don’t need to work in the area of simply attending the incoming and outgoing calls. Because there is no such syllabus in Anna University to attend Phone Calls.
15. Disaffiliation on Colleges: PMR Engineering College and JA Engineering College students already had their worst time. The Question is Who could be Next ?. This portraits an absolute careless affiliation policy in Anna University.
16. Is there any team available in Anna University Campus to Audit the Quality in their Affiliated Colleges ? If Yes, what are they doing ? Why cant they visit to the colleges exist in their list to see whether students who paid to Anna University with the sole trust on them are satisfied with the policies, rules and services or not ?
17. My aim is not to say that Anna University provides nothing to me.. It is all about the way of deployment. The process of announcing Workshops, Seminars and Communication Laboratories must be appreciated. At the same time, why they are not effective ?
18. The University that orders the class sessions must be in english is not at all auditing whether the lecturers and students are comfort and capable with it ? Just ordering is meaning less….
19. Its one of the business as i said before.. so its not the matter of staff and student relation ship anymore (i feel bad to say its no more :(… ) where you may feel it and see it in school days.. not in colleges. The high speed track that consumes more money of our parents and when we see it gives nothing in terms of Knowledge and Self Development it must be viewed as Pathetic.
20. The Anna University Campus in Chennai is a culture improved and assures the Attitude, Technical and all other growth that a student can have today. Why not even the 70 % care even not shown on the people who are paying money in different districts in Tamil Nadu to get the degree?
The management is not checking the Communication strength (which is very important for a lecturer) even while recruiting. This straightly affects the students who are trying to learn some words and sentences from those staffs during their lectures. If they form the sentence in a wrong fashion or mispronounced as per their convenience then the student does the same mistake till he reaches the interview panel with some companies.
I believe attitude of a person decides everything in his / her life. Even though they get 100 % in their academics its impossible to survive in the companies if they have attitude problems. The Lecturers have to behave in the fashion of bringing an attitude that helps the student to make further steps in their life (Politeness and Peace). Its all about survival in this globe today.. Maximum students are literally unprepared to face the real world challenges which could mislead their path if they dont know how to react in certain tough situations.
Its time for your comments. Lets make this as a Debate and share your ideas. Also send the title and the link of this post to your friends to let them participate in too.