Format Pendrive or USB drive in NTFS Format and Prevent any Virus from Entering your Pendrive
NTFS file system offers more security and speed compared with the other file system’s like FAT or FAT32. When you want to format a Pen drive or USB drive in NTFS file system Format actually you will not see any option to do it. When you right click on the Pen drive’s icon and choose format option you will get only two options FAT and FAT32. So you can format your USB drive in those two formats only. So here is a way to format you Pendrive in NTFS file system.
The best advantage of NTFS file system is that data can be written to the pendrive only using our system. So when we plug on to other system they can only read the drive and cant write to it. So we don’t need to fear any virus from entering our pendrive.
Here’s how to do it.
- Plug the USB drive or Pendrive to your PC.
- Now right click on MY Computer in Desktop and select Device Manager.
- Select Disk Drive and Expand it (+) and you can see your drive.
- Now right click on it and select Properties and go to the Policies Tab.
- Now activate the option showing Optimize For Performance and press OK.
- From now on you will get the option the option to format you Pendrive or USB drive in NTFS format.
You will also notice a speed increase in writing and reading data with your pendrive.